Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Joys of Yarn

In the number of years I've been married, I've never really wanted to learn how to crochet or knit. My dear mother-in-law, she is an awesome crocheter (she can whip out things that should be sold for $100s of dollars in just a few weeks). She has always wanted me to learn how to crochet, and well, it took my sister-in-law getting ready to have a little girl, to get me on the band wagon.

At first I thought it would be really tough, and didn't really understand all the lingo that goes with crocheting.  But little by little and stitch by stitch, I learned how to SC, HDC, DC FDC, BDC and just about everything else you could throw at me. I go so excited, I finally mastered the cute little pilot eared hats and those cute little bear ear hats.

Now I can do diaper covers!! And baby sacks, I'm so excited :) :) :) So now anytime I need a photo prop that requires me to crochet, well, I can do it with little to no problem.
So what has your joy of yarn been today?

1 thing you didn't know about yarn: Did you know that it takes six miles of yarn to make one t-shirt?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment