Thursday, May 10, 2012

Early Mornings..



Have you ever seen the sky at 5:30 am? Well I have! :) and it is not because I have to be at work, or even getting off of work. For the past couple of weeks my dear hubby has went to work early every day, they are in the middle of launch season, and I get up with him every morning just to pack his lunch, and kiss him good bye. 


The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.


Do you know as a Christian woman, I am part of a union with my husband? He is mine and I am his. Many marriages now a days there is a power struggle, over money, children, jobs, clothing...I want to please my husband and my God, not the world.


Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Have you ever thought why you set up a household on your own, away from your parents? This verse, as well as Matthew 19:5 and Mark 10:7 both refer to  you leaving your parents and cleaving to your wife. 
When we got married almost 18 years ago, and moved away from family and friends I almost had a heart attack! What were we thinking moving 12 hours away from our support system. I thought we would be living in Virginia forever, but nope we had to move and make a life on our own. Never did I think that we would move to Chicagoland, and then down to Kentucky. I made a move of faith with my husband and God helped us every step of the way. 


1 Corinthians 7:33
But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

My husband cares for me greatly. And throughout the years I have never had to worry if he was cheating, or where he was in the middle of the night, or who was calling him or texting him. He found a simple way to please me, by being very faithful in our marriage. My husband made a commitment to me almost 18 years ago, for better or worse, to love, honor and cherish until death do us part, and I am holding him to it ;)  
When you are truly madly in love with the one that God wants you to be with forever, what is the problem with going and making the commitment? Don't you truly love your beloved? The one you trust more than anybody else? then what is holding you back from getting married? 
 When you are living with somebody, they are not tied to you, they do not have to cleave unto you, they do not have to love honor or cherish you...Don't you want more for your beloved than somebody to fornicate with? 

I hope you take time and read from the Bible today, and if you don't have one, www.biblegateway.com has a wonderful online version you can ready for FREE!

Have a wonderful day y'all!




















No comments:

Post a Comment