Saturday, May 5, 2012

Home Grown Goodnes..

Home grown goodness!


As many of you know we home school our kids and a while back we planted our garden for this growing season.  My dear mother-in-law was out here for a visit and she helped dh mark off the rows where we would be planting lots and lots of corn, peppers, cucumbers and watermelons. 
My dear husband loves peppers, we planted about 20 pepper plants!  I'm the only one in the house who loves tomatoes. 
So we planted our garden full of pepper plants and we have a small raised bed for our tomato plants. After much needed rain this past week, I went down to our large garden and found a few little pepper plants growing, wohoo for the garden!! 
And then I thought well I should go up and look in my little raised bed, just to see if there were any tomatoes, and there were!!! I'm so excited, just think of those wonderful not rock hard tomatoes on a turkey sandwich with mayonnaise, homemade bread of course!
My dear husband LOVES green peppers, and Lord willing this year we will have a freezer full come winter time for yummy stir fry and tacos. I hope you get out there and garden with your children, and teach them that not all things come from a can.

Genesis 1:29 KJV
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment