Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sticker Shock over Prices

Do you have a digital camera? Do you take photos of things..family, fun, friends on a regular basis? Most people in the US now have the means to have a good digital camera, most starting at only $60, and be able to print photos from Wal-Mart or Walgreens or ShutterFly for very little a print. We are talking as little as $0.10 a print, and they get sticker shock when they look at a professional photographer's website and see the cost of a 4x6.

Would you go to a salon and ask the hairdresser what brand of scissors rocks her world, go purchase them and then assume the world thinks you are a professional hairdresser just because you have the same as her? Then why would you assume everybody with a black DSLR with a flash is a professional?

I have a very specific skill set. As a professional wedding photographer, I know when to expect things at weddings, looks that parents give their daughters when she is about to become a Mrs., looks brides give their handsome grooms. Over the years I've learned that what is most important is maintaining a professional appearance, without anyone remembering I was there.

Why are your photos so expensive? I have based my pricing on my area, we are not a large metropolitan area like Nashville. We are a wonderful community in beautiful Southern Kentucky.  I want families to offer families a chance to make an investment in their photos. Would you go and have barber drill your teeth?

Don't you get your photos printed at Walgreens? As a professional, I do not go to Wal-Mart, Walgreens, or Shutterfly to print those oh so important photos. I go to a company that offers higher quality control, beautiful papers and custom framing with any order I place.

Why can't I preview my photos like they do at large chain store's photo studio right after I get them taken?  As a professional, most of the photos I take are outside, and my camera is not plugged into a tower with preset sizes and layouts to offer 1 photo per sheet.  What I do offer is quality control, time invested in your family, and a chance to have your photos taken with a lot of artistic freedom. Have you ever noticed that every large chain stork studio print looks cramped and every family from certain years always have the same backgrounds? Don't you want your family photos to be as original as you are?

Helping you create memories one photo at a time.

xoxo

Cindy
www.photosmithsphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment